Salmon Cake RecipesJuly 31, 2012
I want to share with you a recipe I found. I was looking for a easy recipe for salmon and found one for salmon cakes. It really turned out easier than I thought and I impressed the hubby with it. A big bonus is that my kids loved it!!! You can even make the mixture a head of time (up to 8 hours due to the bread crumbs).
Try these salmon cakes this week and see how your family how much your family will enjoy them.
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 15 ounces canned salmon, drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 3/4 cups fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs, (Tip: To make fresh breadcrumbs: Trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear the bread into pieces and process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. One slice makes about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Creamy Dill Sauce, (recipe follows)*optional
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley; remove from the heat.
- Place salmon in a medium bowl. Flake apart with a fork; remove any bones and skin. Add egg and mustard; mix well. Add the onion mixture, breadcrumbs and pepper; mix well. Shape the mixture into 8 patties, about 2 1/2 inches wide.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in the pan over medium heat. Add 4 patties and cook until the undersides are golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a wide spatula, turn them over onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Bake the salmon cakes until golden on top and heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Creamy Dill Sauce. Serve salmon cakes with sauce and lemon wedges
Creamy Dill Sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill, or parsley
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, scallions, lemon juice, dill (or parsley) and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
This wonderful and great recipe was written by Danielle.